Search Page | Back to Results
Senior Actuarial Analyst
To be fully engaged in providing Uncompromised Safety, Superior Quality, Memorable patient/Customer Experiences, and Financial Stewardship. Health First’s Actuarial Department serves a vital role in the company’s leadership by fulfilling core actuarial functions and providing key strategic decision-making support. Department leadership is focused on training future leaders, placing heavy emphasis on technical knowledge, strong communication, actuarial modeling and strategic thinking through individual contributions and teamwork, both within the department and across the company at large.
Health First actuaries must each act as a subject matter expert and be able to perform autonomously for at least one of the following responsibilities as described below: Filing, Financial, Group Services, or Underwriting. Although Senior Actuarial Analysts spend time focusing on specific core disciplines, a dynamic fast-paced environment will ultimately expose these actuaries to all key functions within the company.
1. Represent the System as necessary through community activities and participation in professional organizations
1.Support and developed financial models for the monitoring and projection of current and future business
2.Maintain rating models and data base support programs used in the Underwriting department
3.Develop and maintain models for the calculation of appropriate claims and other reserves
4.Reconcile actuarial data sources to monthly financial statements
5.Submit weekly report showing progress on current projects
Memorable Patient/Customer Experiences
1.Demonstrate dependability, flexibility and a high level of job interest
2.Consistently seek ways to improve operational and financial efficiencies through better use of resources
3.Contribute to development and maintenance of management reports necessary for the financial management of all products
4.Act as a subject matter expert point-of-contact with other areas of the company outside of the Actuarial Department
5.Mentor and train Junior Actuaries in area of expertise
1. Filing Support: support the development of required state and federal premium rates and other filings
1.Product Support: assist in development and pricing of new products and product enhancements. Collaborate with Decision Support, Underwriters, Claims, and Senior Management to develop plans for new lines of business or improve existing business.
2.Financial Support: assist in the determination of cash reserves (IBNR), risk funding mechanisms (value based contracts, commercial risk adjustment, etc.), budget projections, and all other financial modeling including development of provider payment mechanisms
3.Group Services Support: support the design, review, administration, and regulatory compliance of health insurance plans in the delivery to specific employer groups. This includes developing tracking tools for key performance indicators, developing dashboards and reports for executive meetings, and performing drill-down analyses for medical management initiatives and to explain unforeseen variances.
4.Underwriting Support: assist in development and pricing of existing and proposed Large Group business including support of pricing models
5.Will provide lead responsibilities and be considered a Subject Matter Expert in at least one of the above disciplines: Filing, Product, Financial, Group Services, or Underwriting
• BS or BA degree in Mathematics, Actuarial Science or other related field from accredited college or university
• 3.4 GPA in college or university required
• Possess strong computer abilities with emphasis on Microsoft Excel, SQL or other programming language desired
• Passed three actuarial exams
• Knowledge of laws, government regulations, and agency rules for managed care controls
• Some level of understanding of insurance and associated terminology
• Strong background in arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications
• Knowledge of economics and accounting principles and practices, and reporting of financial data
• Knowledge of document structure and content, including spelling, grammar and rules of composition
• Be able to perform support tasks autonomously for at least one of the following responsibilities as described above: Filing, Financial, Group Services, or Underwriting
• Has demonstrated an ability to work directly with Underwriting, Risk Adjustment, Finance, Decision Support, Group Services and/or Senior Management
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in at least one of the following support responsibilities as described above: Filing, Financial, Product, Group Services, or Underwriting
Job:Health First Health Plans (Health Insurance)
Organization:HF Administrative Plan Inc.
Primary Location:United States-Florida - Brevard County-Rockledge
Shift Times: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Job Level: Associate
Time: Full time
Updated: 3/21/2019 10:59:43 AM