Search Page | Back to Results
Manager, Product Strategy
To be fully engaged in providing Quality/No Harm, Customer Experience, and Stewardship by managing the product strategy process for Medicare, Commercial, Individual and ancillary products at the Health Plan. This position will also be responsible for the development and integration of market intelligence tools and resources for HFHP and its partners. In fulfilling these responsibilities, the Manager of Product Strategy will contribute significantly toward the Health Plan and its partners meeting growth and customer satisfaction objectives.
• Recruit, manage and develop staff (as allocated)
• Work with appropriate stakeholders to create a clear feedback process whereby market movement and demand can be documented and incorporated into the product strategy process.
• Responsible for creating, gaining approval for and executing an annual product strategy by line of business and geography.
• Work with interdepartmental and IDN leaders (as appropriate) to jointly design and hand-off product cycle deliverables.
• Facilitate the IDN focused Product Strategy Committee, executing product cycle deliverables, and forwarding competitiveness of the portfolio.
• Position requires that all product and market intelligence reporting deliverables / due dates are met.
• Perform periodic competitor analysis to identify relative strengths and weaknesses and market position.
• Attend and adhere to corporate and industry training, keeping abreast of industry and regulatory changes, and supporting team initiatives.
• Other duties as required.
• Coordinate and lead the Product Strategy Committee with full documentation and process management. This includes weekly communication with key stakeholders regarding filing
• status and potential organizational risks associated with the product development process.
• Develop, manage and communicate a data-driven Quarterly Market Intelligence Report to executive leadership summarizing competitive membership, market positions, movement and trends.
• Responsible for being a liaison in facilitating ancillary contracts on behalf of the Product Strategy Department. This includes managing the proper integration points / hand-offs within the organization to support sustainable administration.
• Responsible for acting as external point of contact on a day-to-day basis with consultants and vendors who provide services to the Product Strategy Department.
• Responsible for developing and maintaining policies and procedures for the Product Strategy process and department.
• Other duties as required.
• Attend and contribute to the Medicare and Individual Member Advisory Council meetings in an effort to gain and share market intelligence.
• Attend and contribute to the Broker Advisory Council meetings in an effort to gain and share market intelligence.
• Establish and maintain a small number of key broker relationships resulting in free-flowing market intelligence that is made part of the Quarterly Market Intelligence Report.
• Establishes and maintains effective, productive working relationships with key internal stakeholders for the purpose of meeting departmental performance objectives, financial targets and critical milestones.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Two years health care, health insurance management or equivalent experience
• Ability to analyze and communicate market and industry data and trends
• Experience managing and leading complex projects
• Excellent oral, written and presentation skills
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and database applications
• Planning and organizational skills
• Master’s Degree in Business, Health Administration or an equivalent preferred.
• Advanced health care reform, ACA knowledge / certification preferred
• Two years formal/informal leadership experience preferred
• Knowledge of Florida trends/landscape in managed care preferred
• Extensive knowledge of competitive landscapes in MA, Commercial & Individual products preferred
• Experience with implementing new products and market expansion preferred
• Understanding the complexities of integrated delivery systems and how Health Plan integration impacts growth and profitability preferred
• Retail product experience preferred
Time: Full time
Updated: 7/30/2019 5:55:05 PM