Search Page | Back to Results
Chief Medical Officer
Western Health Advantage
Chief Medical Officer
Western Health Advantage (WHA), an award-winning, provider-sponsored health plan based in Northern California has proudly served Californians for nearly 25 years. With more than 300 employees based in Sacramento, WHA serves over 130,000 members and has annual revenue of more than $750 million. WHA was recently ranked #1 by NCQA in the state of California for consumer satisfaction among 21 other health plans. WHA has also been a finalist for Sacramento’s ‘Best Place to Work’ and ‘Healthiest Employer.’ WHA will be launching a Medicare Advantage product in 2021.
WHA seeks a Chief Medical Officer with a reputation for being a thought leader and will have a track record of innovation, achievement of measurable goals and clinical competence. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Chief Medical Officer will work closely with partner owners, physician leaders and community providers to develop and drive innovative strategies that focus on improving health and managing costs. This impactful leader is a key member of the senior executive team and will be responsible for all areas of medical management, including but not exclusive to utilization management, quality management, credentialing, medical policy development, and medical informatics.
The ideal candidate will possess:
• Doctorate in Medicine or Osteopathy.
• Seven years of clinical management experience.
• Current license to practice medicine without restriction in the State of California or ability to obtain one.
• Board Certification is required.
• Open leadership style. Actively seeks out and supports collaborative thinking and problem solving with others in the organization.
• Highly engaged, energetic, focused, and execution-oriented.
• Willing and able to roll up sleeves and do hands-on work one minute and discuss strategic positioning and the “big picture”.
• Strategic vision and thinking. Ability to position the organization for the future, looking beyond the present situation to conceptualize key trends and identify changing market demands.
To learn more, please call (800) 642-9940 or contact:
Jeff Parker email@example.com
Kim Kueser firstname.lastname@example.org
Time: Full time
Updated: 7/18/2019 1:21:52 PM