Search Page | Back to Results
Director, Strategy - Health First Health Plans
Lead the product strategy process for Medicare, Commercial, Individual and ancillary products at the Health Plan. Responsible for development and integration of market intelligence tools and resources at Health First Health Plans and its partners. Contribute significantly toward the Health Plan and its partners meeting growth and customer satisfaction objectives.
1. Develop short and long-range strategy goals and objectives with key stakeholders to include gaining approval of and executing an annual product strategy.
2. Develop and facilitate a clear feedback process, with key stakeholders, whereby market movement and demand can be documented and incorporated into the strategy process.
3. Work with interdepartmental and IDN leaders (as appropriate) to jointly design and hand-off product cycle and strategy deliverables.
4. Facilitate the IDN focused Product Strategy Committee, executing product cycle deliverables, and forwarding competitiveness of the portfolio.
5. Monitor healthcare and insurance industry news and trends, and the impact these trends may have on Health First.
6. Develop and implement growth plans and strategies in all areas of responsibility to grow market share, increase revenues and operating income consistent with IDN, entity, and department goals.
7. Perform periodic competitor analysis to identify relative strengths and weaknesses and market position.
8. Provide for a system of accountability, which clearly identifies deviations from plan and assures the monthly/quarterly comparison of performance and/or results against established standards and/or objectives; and ensure corrective actions on deviation from plan so that total results are in line with total objectives.
9. Participate in member and broker experience and advisory meetings in an effort to gain and share market intelligence.
10. Establish and maintain key relationships with brokers, internal sales team, and strategic partners.
11. Lead industry and regulatory informational, monitoring and interventional program promoting Health First goals, ideals, and needs.
12. Develop, manage and communicate a data-driven Quarterly Market Intelligence Report to executive leadership summarizing competitive membership, market positions, movement and trends.
13. Responsible for being a liaison in facilitating ancillary contracts on behalf of the Product Strategy Department. This includes managing the proper integration points / hand-offs within the organization to support sustainable administration.
14. Responsible for developing and maintaining policies and procedures for the Product Strategy process and department.
• Education: Bachelor’s degree in Health Care Administration, Health Insurance Management or related field
• Licensure: None Required
• Work Experience: Three years of health system or health product development experience. Experience in multi-hospital environment is strongly preferred.
o Ability to analyze and communicate market and industry data and trends
o Experience managing and leading complex projects
o Excellent oral, written and presentation skills
o Excellent problem-solving skills
o Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and database applications
o Planning and organizational skills
• Education: Master’s degree in Health Care Administration or Business Administration
• Licensure: No additional required
• Certification: Advanced health care reform, ACA knowledge / certification
• Work Experience:
o Experience in multi-hospital environment
o Two years formal/informal leadership experience
o Knowledge of Florida trends/landscape in managed care
o Extensive knowledge of competitive landscapes in MA, Commercial & Individual products
o Experience with implementing new products and market expansion
o Understanding the complexities of integrated delivery systems and how Health Plan integration impacts growth and profitability
o Retail product experience
Time: Full time
Updated: 1/16/2020 9:48:15 AM