Spring Leadership Forum 2020
Event Date: 3/23/2020 - 3/25/2020
The Alliance leadership and executive committee have decided to cancel the 2020 Spring Leadership Forum scheduled for March 23-25 in Dallas, Texas. After closely monitoring the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19) in the U.S., we believe this decision is in the best interest and safety of our members, speakers, sponsors, and staff.
Here’s what this means for you:
- If your hotel room was booked in our room block, we will take care of cancelling it. If you need additional assistance you may contact the Four Seasons reservations department at 972.717.2499, or the Health Plan Alliance team at 972-830-0001.
- If you booked an airline ticket, you should contact the airline directly to cancel your flight. We do apologize for the inconvenience.
- Our team will transfer your Spring registration to the 2020 Fall Leadership Forum for you. You’ll receive that confirmation email shortly; Mark your calendar for Oct 5-8 in Denver.
Look forward to hearing from these featured presenters in Denver, October 5-8!
Alvarez & Marsal, Healthcare Industry Group LLC, and former HHS Chief of Staff
As former Chief of Staff to Alex M. Azar II, the Secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), Peter Urbanowicz functioned as the department’s chief operating officer and was responsible for coordinating all of HHS’ agencies and staff divisions. He was publicly credited for his vital role in the agency’s work to lower prescription drug prices, advance value-based care, and improve rural healthcare access. Urbanowicz also served as Principal Deputy General Counsel at HHS during the administration of President George W. Bush where he was part of the team that drafted the historic legislation creating the Medicare Part D drug program and Medicare Advantage plans.
Editor-in-Chief, the Hill and national policy and politics analyst
Bob Cusack has developed a nuanced, insider's knowledge of policy and politics over his years, evolving from his post at the most respected news organization in Congressional circles. Cusack's insights support Alliance members who want to learn what's happening behind-the-scenes in the halls of Congress, how it could affect you, and what makes Washington's leaders tick.
Jessica Cordova Kramer
Co-founder and CEO, Lemonada, and Executive Producer, Last Day
Jessica Cordova Kramer knows firsthand that a substance use disorder is lonely, dark, complex, and entrenched in shame and stigma. Jess—and her co-founder Stephanie—maintain that what we need now is a deeper understanding of the human toll the crisis has taken on so many people. Enter Last Day, their award-winning podcast that confronts this massive epidemic with humanity, wit and a quest for progress. Season one zooms in on a person’s last day of life, namely Jessica’s little brother, exploring how he got there and how we as a society have gotten here. They’ve interviewed experts all across the country, from doctors specializing in addiction medicine to harm reductionist with boots on the ground; from mayors fighting the crisis on the local level to policy makers trying to find solutions on the federal level. They’ve learned that there are a lot of practices that might actually help, that a combination of human-centered solutions can pave the way to a future where far fewer lives are lost to opioid misuse, addiction, and overdose. In this conversation, we leave the numbers behind, and instead use storytelling to understand the depths of this crisis on a human level that invites us to consider the problem differently and imagine what our organizations could do to reframe what addiction and recovery look and sound like in America.
#1 NYT Best-Selling Author of Range & The Sports Gene, Expert on the Science of High Performance
David Epstein has made it his mission to uncover the keys to achieving high performance. In his latest book, Range: Why Generalists Triumph in a Specialized World, which is on the top ten New York Times bestsellers list, named one of Amazon's best business books of 2019 as well as Inc.’s 2019 Must Read Books for Entrepreneurs, Epstein examines the world’s top performers, from professional athletes to artists, scientists, entrepreneurs and Nobel laureates. Epstein brings bold new insights on the best approach to career development. His conclusion: In most fields, especially those that are complex, unpredictable, and difficult to automate, generalists, not specialists, are primed to excel. Sharing fascinating examples, Epstein shows that at every stage of life, from the development of children in math, music and sports to students fresh out of college trying to find their way, to mid-career professionals in need of a change and would-be retirees looking for a new vocation after moving on from their previous one — generalists triumph as the world around them becomes increasingly specialized. Merging stories from the worlds of sports, business, medicine, and education, Epstein sheds light on the paths to peak performance. From how to best prepare for our specialized world to how to optimally incorporate AI into our workplaces, Epstein unpacks the science of success — and will leave Alliance members with actionable takeaways to improve how they live, work, and prepare for the future.
Thank you to our event sponsors
4150 North MacArthur Blvd
Irving, TX 75038
This event has been canceled.
If your hotel room was booked in our room block, we will take care of canceling it. If you need additional assistance you may contact the Four Seasons reservations department at 972.717.2499, or the Health Plan Alliance team at 972-830-0001.
Agenda: Spring Leadership Forum 2020
Executive leaders will meet in Dallas, Texas, March 23-25 for this year's Spring Leadership Forum. The lineup includes a powerful mix of Alliance member leaders, industry luminaries, and thought leaders outside of healthcare who will challenge attendees' thinking and generate discussion on the core issues of leadership, innovation and what it takes for leaders to build successful organizations.
Below is a list of all delegates registered to date for this event
- Rita Datko
- ALLIANCE MEMBER
- Chief Financial Officer at Sharp Health Plan
- Joleen Katula
- ALLIANCE MEMBER
- Vice President of Operations at HealthTeam Advantage
- David Sand
- ALLIANCE MEMBER
- Chief Medical Officer at Care N' Care Insurance Company, Inc.
- Curtis Beharry
- Regional Vice President at Summit Re
- Alexei Beran
- VP, Business Development at FlexTech, Inc.
- Johnny Broyles
- Vice President at Summit Re
- Mary Lee Coble
- Chief Revenue Officer at Vital Decisions
- Emily Comfort
- Strategic Sales Executive at Rx Savings Solutions
- Mark Davis
- Strategic Account Sales at Rx Savings Solutions
- Connie Ducaine
- SVP, Strategic Solutions at Vital Decisions
- Brian Dwyer
- Business Development Executive at Carrot Health, Inc.
- Ray Evans
- Vice President of Sales at Centauri Health Solutions
- Debra Faulkner
- Sr. Director - Customer Engagement at Pulse8
- Brian Fehlhaber
- Vice President at Summit Re
- Tim Frischmon
- Principal at Furst Group
- David Gallegos
- SVP Consulting Services at Change Healthcare Consulting
- Benjamin Heck
- President, Change Healthcare Consulting at Change Healthcare Consulting
- Andrew Howard
- Account Executive at First Health Network
- Sophia Kim
- Chief Revenue Officer at Centauri Health Solutions
- Daniel Latham
- President at MSP Recovery Associates, LLC
- Paul Lavin
- Executive Director at First Health Network
- Alexis Levy
- Managing Director at HealthScape Advisors, LLC
- Harry Merkin
- Vice President of Marketing at HealthEdge
- Dave Nesbitt
- VP, Sales Operations at HealthEdge
- Gina Paglia
- Director of Account Management at First Health Network
- Linda Roman
- Senior Vice President, Business Development at Centauri Health Solutions
- Jay Scholes
- Regional Director of Sales at Pulse8
- Brandon Solomon
- VP, Client Advisory & Business Development at Pareto Intelligence
- Brigid Turrittin
- Senior Sales Director at Cumberland Consulting Group
- Robert Winters
- Head of New Business at Cognizant
- Anna Younger
- Vice President, Customer Solutions at Carrot Health, Inc.