Health and Safety at Alliance In-Person MeetingsLast updated: August 24, 2022
The Alliance’s hallmark is the unique space we provide for our members and partners to come together and meaningfully connect around the challenges and opportunities your organizations navigate every day. We remain dedicated to maintaining health and safety protocols that support the well-being of our members while continuing to create unique opportunities to connect, learn and share with your colleagues from across the country.
Know before you go
- We encourage all in-person meeting participants to vaccinate before traveling to help keep everyone safe and healthy
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is no longer required to attend Alliance meetings
- The Health Plan Alliance will not require attendees to wear masks, but we do encourage individuals to mask if that enhances their comfort and supports their ability to fully participate in the meeting. (Note: we will always defer to masking requirements of the local health authority and the specific venue, and we ask that attendees follow posted instructions related to masking in common areas, should the venue ask that masks be worn).
What you need to do
Before you travel
- If you are not feeling well, we strongly urge you to follow the CDC guidelines when considering your travel plans. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to update your registration.
Once you arrive
- Complete a personal health self-screening for COVID-19 symptoms prior to attending each day’s Alliance-hosted functions. If you’re not feeling well and would like to rapid test, our team has tests available onsite! Simply email email@example.com and we’ll get one delivered to your hotel room
- Please isolate if you test positive OR if you experience any of the following symptoms: runny nose or congestion, severe headache, cough, sore throat, fever, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, new loss of taste or smell, fatigue, muscle or body aches. If isolating and assistance is needed from Alliance staff, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and an on-site staff member will reach out immediately
- Face masks are not required in Alliance meeting spaces, but if you feel more comfortable wearing one, please do so! (Note: we will always defer to the venue’s masking requirements and ask that attendees follow posted instructions related to masking in common areas, should the venue ask that masks be worn)
- Wash hands and use hand sanitizer regularly
After the event
- If you experience symptoms within 5 days of the event’s final day, we encourage you to take a COVID test and support contact tracing efforts by emailing us at email@example.com to let us know.
What we will do for you
- All Alliance staff are fully vaccinated.
- We will make rapid tests available upon request so that you can self-administer a COVID test if you’re not feeling well while at the event, or if you’d like to take one home with you.
- We will have hand sanitizer and alcohol wipes available onsite.
- We will offer personal wrist bands with red, green or yellow indicators so others will be aware of your level of comfort.
- Red — Hi! I’m keeping my distance
- Yellow — Ok with talking but not touching
- Green — Ok with hugs and high-fives
If you have additional questions about the in-person meeting experience, contact us! firstname.lastname@example.org.