Health and Safety at Alliance In-Person MeetingsLast updated: February 11, 2022
The Alliance’s hallmark is the unique space we provide for our members and partners to come together and meaningfully connect around the challenges and opportunities your organizations navigate every day. The health and safety of every attendee is our top priority and we are implementing health and safety protocols for our in-person events aimed at protecting all participants.
If you have attended Alliance in-person meetings before, know this experience will be different in many ways—but also rest assured that we remain dedicated to creating unique opportunities to connect, learn and share with your colleagues from across the country.
What you need to do
Before you travel
- We ask that you complete a COVID test 24 hours in advance of traveling to the Alliance meeting (ie, before you board your flight).
- If your test is positive, please email email@example.com. You can choose to either cancel your registration or update your attendance to the virtual option, if available.
- You do not need to communicate a negative test result – travel safely and we will see you soon!
- Bring proof of vaccination** for yourself and any guests. This will be required to receive your badge.
Once you arrive
- We strongly encourage all attendees to self-administer a rapid COVID test prior to attending each day’s Alliance-hosted functions. (We will provide rapid tests to all attendees when they check in, show proof of vaccination, and pick up their badge.)
- Complete a personal health self-screening for COVID-19 symptoms prior to attending each day’s Alliance-hosted functions.
- Please isolate if you test positive OR if you experience any of the following symptoms: runny nose or congestion, severe headache, cough, sore throat, fever, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, new loss of taste or smell, fatigue, muscle or body aches. If isolating and assistance is needed from Alliance staff, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and an on-site staff member will reach out immediately.
- Face masks are not required in Alliance meeting spaces, but if you feel more comfortable wearing one, please do so! (Note: we will always defer to the venue’s masking requirements and ask that attendees follow posted instructions related to masking in common areas, should the venue ask that masks be worn)
- Wash hands and use hand sanitizer regularly
After the event
- If you experience symptoms within 5 days of the event’s final day, we encourage you to take a COVID test and support contact tracing efforts by emailing us at email@example.com to let us know.
What we will do for you
Before you travel
- We will make available to registered in-person attendees the option to have a rapid test mailed to you prior to your departure date, in support of your ability to test 24 hours in advance of traveling to the Alliance meeting
Once you arrive
- All Alliance staff are fully vaccinated.
- We will provide rapid tests so that you can self-administer a COVID test prior to attending each day’s Alliance-hosted functions.
- We will provide socially-distanced seating options in meeting spaces.
- We will offer personal wrist bands with red, green or yellow indicators so others will be aware of your level of comfort.
- Red — Hi! I’m keeping my distance
- Yellow — Ok with talking but not touching
- Green — Ok with hugs and high-fives
We appreciate your understanding as we work hard to keep all attendees safe and healthy. If you are not feeling well or have reason to believe you may have been exposed to COVID-19, we strongly urge you to follow the CDC guidelines for self-quarantine and not travel.
Know before you go
**Proof of vaccination
For the purposes of participation in Alliance in-person meetings, a person is considered fully vaccinated:
- 2 weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines, or
- 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine
A physical copy of the CDC COVID-19 vaccination card or a photo of the card, along with a photo ID, will be accepted as proof of vaccination at the registration desk.
The Health Plan Alliance will not require attendees to wear masks, but we do encourage individuals to mask if that enhances their comfort and supports their ability to fully participate in the meeting. (Note: we will always defer to the venue’s masking requirements and ask that attendees follow posted instructions related to masking in common areas, should the venue ask that masks be worn).
If you have additional questions about the in-person meeting experience, contact us! firstname.lastname@example.org.