By accessing and using this website (“Site”) and its content ("Content") operated by or on behalf of Health Plan Alliance, LLC (“the Alliance”), you agree to the following:
YOUR USE OF THE SITE
The Alliance grants you a limited license to access the Site and the Content (as defined below) for your internal use. You have no rights to redistribute the Site or the Content in any way without the express consent of the Alliance. You agree to follow any existing or future security measures implemented by the Alliance with respect to the Site. If your access to the Site was made through the use of a password or other controlled device, you agree not to share such device except as permitted by the Alliance. The Alliance may prosecute any person for unauthorized use of the Site. If you have any questions about the Content or its use, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All Content on the site is made available for your use on an “AS IS” basis. While the Alliance makes reasonable efforts to display content that is accurate, current, and truthful, you are advised of the following:
- User Responsible. You should validate Content that you use for your own purposes. The Content may have conditions, limitations, or exclusions that may make it inaccurate or incomplete for your intended purpose. Such conditions, limitations, or exclusions may not be displayed as part of the Content.
- User to Verify Accuracy. Content may be contributed by third parties over which the Alliance has no control, and the Alliance cannot ascertain in each instance whether Content contributed by participants is accurate or complete. You should validate the accuracy of any data you choose to rely upon.
- No Medical Advice. By displaying Content, the Alliance does not offer clinical or medical advice with respect to any health condition or course of treatment. The appropriateness of any such information for your use is determined solely by you.
- No Financial or Regulatory Advice. By displaying Content, the Alliance does not offer advice with respect to financial impact or regulatory compliance matters, including matters related to the delivery of health care, payment of or reimbursement for healthcare services, or how health care charges are displayed, submitted, or safeguarded. You will determine the financial and regulatory impact of your actions that are taken based upon any use of the Content.
- No Endorsement. If the Content includes references to or hyperlinks to third parties or their products and services, such references or links are not an endorsement by the Alliance. You must verify whether the third parties and their products or services are accurately described, suitable, and can be relied upon.
- Content Owned by the Alliance. Except for material contributed by you (as discussed below), as between you and the Alliance, the Alliance is the owner or holds a right to display the Content. You do not obtain any ownership rights in the Content by virtue of your use of the Site.
MATERIAL CONTRIBUTED BY YOU
The posting of copyrighted materials by you, in whole or in part, is EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED without the prior written permission of the copyright holder. You may post hypertext links to, or URLs for, copyrighted materials already on the Internet unless prohibited by the copyright holder or applicable law. You may also refer to copyrighted materials by title and/or author or publisher, but may not actually post the materials without prior written permission of the copyright holder.
You agree to not post or submit information to this Site that:
- is covered by the Health insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 as amended (“HIPAA”), such as patient identifiable information (“Protected Health Information”);
- consists of any other personal information of individuals, whether or not protected by law or regulation;
- includes profanity, vulgarity, pornography, defamatory statements, or may otherwise be offensive to individuals;
- is false, misleading, or may not be published under any applicable rule, regulation, or law; or
- you do not have the authority to publicly disclose.
If you post (or submit to the Alliance for posting) materials for use on the Site, you agree:
- The Alliance is granted a non-exclusive license to use and make derivative works of the materials as Content on the Site and, subject to confidentiality restrictions stated below, to use contributed materials within the Alliance for internal purposes, and if included in any other data set, to de-identify the contributed material so that you or any individual is not identifiable.
- The Alliance is not required to include your contributed materials on the Site. The Alliance reserves the right at any time to edit, redact, retract, or not publish any materials in the Alliance’s sole judgment. Notwithstanding the Alliance’s right to edit, you remain responsible for all of your contributed material.
- The material you submit is truthful, accurate, and reasonably complete in all material respects.
DMCA TAKE DOWN REQUESTS
If you identify any of your information that is protected by copyright and you can exercise a take down right as authorized by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, please send your request, including the factual details required by this Act, to the Alliance at: Health Plan Alliance, Attn: Legal Department, 290 E John Carpenter Freeway, Irving, Texas 75062.
We work diligently to produce and maintain the Site, and to ensure that it includes high quality information for you. However, the Alliance does not offer any warranties regarding the Site or Content on the Site. THE SITE AND ANY RELATED SERVICES ARE PROVIDED "AS-IS" WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, INFRINGEMENT, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, TIMELINESS, OR UNINTERRUPTED SERVICE.
LIMITATION ON THE ALLIANCE LIABILITY
The Alliance generally does not charge a separate fee for your access to the Site and Content, and accordingly the Alliance will not be liable to you for any damages you may incur resulting from your use of the Site, the Content, or any other websites whose links are on the Site. If a fee is ever charged for your use of the Site, the Alliance’s liability is limited to the amount of the money paid by you for that service and your sole remedy is the refund of such amount. IN NO EVENT WILL THE ALLIANCE EVER BE LIABLE FOR CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF THE SITE, AND YOU WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO RECOVER SUCH DAMAGES. YOUR USE OF THE SITE IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. EXCEPT AS PROVIDED ABOVE, YOU RELEASE THE ALLIANCE AND ITS LICENSORS AND THOSE WHO CONTRIBUTE CONTENT TO THE SITE FROM ANY LIABILITY AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR THE CONTENT.
APPLICABLE LAW AND VENUE
OUR COMMITMENT TO PRIVACY
The Health Plan Alliance is committed to protecting the confidential information of our visitors and members.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We collect information from you when you register on our website, subscribe to our e-newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, or make a donation.
WHAT DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION FOR?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To create your member profile and maintain our member list. When you register on our website as an insider, we use the information you submit to create your member profile on our member list. We use our member list to provide and enable members to access member benefits, for example our e-newsletter and access to virtual insider town halls.
- To inform you of live and virtual events, and for other marketing purposes.
We use your information to inform you of live and virtual events in the areas of interest that you have identified in your member profile, and for other marketing and promotional purposes. For example, we may use your information, such as your email address, to send you a welcome email. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
- To aid us in providing members’ benefits.
- To enable you to contact other members.
To enable members to contact each other and foster communication among members, we make member’s profiles accessible to other members and we also make the list of attendees at live and virtual events available to other members.
- To provide our sponsors with a list of event attendees.
Our live and virtual events are sponsored by third party healthcare organizations that pay us a fee for the benefits of sponsorship. In addition to recognition as the sponsor and copies of the meeting materials, we provide these sponsors with a list of the event attendees that includes for each attendee their name, email address, title, name of organization, and work telephone number. Sponsors may contact each member organization once, either verbally or in writing, using the attendee list. If our sponsor receives a response from a member, then the sponsor may continue to communicate with that member.
- To process project fees and sponsor fees.
- To personalize your experience
Your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
- To improve our website
We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To improve customer service
Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs .
- To administer a survey or other site feature.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information.
We offer the use of a secure server. You are able to see when the SSL encryption is active by the "padlock" icon at the bottom of your browser's window. In certain areas, password protection is used to protect your privacy and security. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. The Alliance does not store or disclose credit card account information provided by its visitors/members.
Yes. Cookies are small files that a website or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
If you prefer, you can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies via your browser settings. Like most websites, if you turn your cookies off, some of our services may not function properly. However, you can still place orders over the telephone or by contacting customer service.
DO WE DISCLOSE ANY INFORMATION TO OUTSIDE PARTIES?
We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or uses.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our Site. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our Site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
CALIFORNIA ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT COMPLIANCE
Because we value your privacy we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
As part of the California Online Privacy Protection Act, all users of our site may make any changes to their information at any time by logging into their control panel and going to the 'Edit Profile' page.
CHILDRENS ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT COMPLIANCE
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act); we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
OTHER STATE PRIVACY LAWS
To the extent your use of our website is subject to other state privacy laws and regulations, we comply with such laws and regulations.
This policy was last modified on October 15, 2023.