Medicare Advantage Toolkit
On June 29, 2018, CMS announced it was advancing its demonstration to waive MIPS requirements for clinicians in certain at-risk Medicare Advantage plans. This toolkit includes comments from Simon Moody at Milliman, Simon's recent presentation to Alliance members regarding MACRA and the QPP, and other valuable information on trends in MA, alternative payment models (APM) and MACRA.
Interested in learning more? Register as an in-person or virtual attendee for the upcoming Co-located: Government Programs AND Risk, Compliance, Privacy and Security Value Visit, August 6-10 in San Francisco and receive all the event presentation materials.
NOTE: You must login to your Alliance account to access the articles and resources below. Some content may only be accessible to Alliance members.
- Community Health Plan of Washington: 2018 Medicare Advantage Marketing Samples
- Community Health Plan of Washington shares samples of their Medicare Advantage marketing materials
- Health Alliance Plan: 2018 Medicare Advantage Marketing Samples
- Health Plan Alliance shares their T65 Campaign redesign and rebranded for 2018 and 2019. There are seven mailings, which include letter packages, self-mailers and a birthday card mailing.
- Simon Moody, Milliman, comments on CMS advancing the demo to waive MIPS requirements for clinicians in certain at-risk medicare advantage plans
- Today, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) is advancing the Medicare Advantage Qualifying Payment Arrangement Incentive (MAQI) Demonstration, which, when approved and adopted, would waive Merit-Based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) requirements for clinicians who participate sufficiently in certain Medicare Advantage plans that involve taking on risk.
- Presentation: MACRA and the QPP - Payer and provider perspectives
- Milliman's Simon Moody and Fritz Busch present on the recent news and updates regarding MACRA and the QPP.
- From ACO to MA: Time To Grow Up
- Lumeris presents a comparison of CMS ACOs to MA and provides considerations for long term MA strategy. This presentation was given on April 26, 2018 at the NAACOS Spring Conference.
- Medicare Advantage Innovation Session Agenda - Baystate Health
- Baystate Health/Health New England shares an agenda for a Medicare Advantage Innovation Session they held in June 2018 on MA membership growth, improving financial performance, quality and outcomes.
- Value Based Payment Survey Results: How Provider-Sponsored Plans Can Succeed
- During this webinar, HealthScape Advisors will explore the value-based payment survey results and their impact and implications. We encourage you to Invite your health system and medical group executives to join you on the webinar. Feel free to forward them the report with your invitation. The recommendations in this report can be successful when approached through the entire enterprise and this is an opportunity designed to bring together the stakeholders.
- Sharp Health Plan: 2018 Medicare Advantage Marketing Samples
- Sharp Health Plan shares samples of their Medicare Advantage marketing materials.
- You can't spell MACRA without MA
- Is your organization MACRA ready? If so, you've probably invested significantly in infrastructure and innovative policies and procedures focused on care management and consumer engagement strategies. But have you considered how this investment has prepared you for the broader Senior Market? Synergies across both MACRA and Medicare Advantage may exist.
- Presentation: Pathway to Physician Payment Reform: MACRAs Implications and Opportunities for Health Plans
- In this session led by Bob Atlas, President of EBG Advisors, we discussed the two alternative routes under Medicare's Quality Payment Program (QPP): Alternative Payment Models and the Merit-Based Incentive Payment System.