Annual Member Strategic Check-in Guide
What is an Annual Member Strategic Check-in?
The Annual Strategic Check-In is a one-hour, in-person session for your executive leadership team to meet with the Alliance executive leadership. If needed, it can be done virtually or hybrid. Look forward to hearing a brief update on what's trending with other Alliance members, the Alliance's current projects and opportunities for collaboration. Then we'll dive into your organization's top strategic priorities, and each executive leader's current focus and challenges.
How do I schedule my team's Annual Member Strategic Check-in?
For your convenience, we will schedule around your team's routine meetings. The Alliance staff will reach out to your team to coordinate your on-site visit with other health plans in your area. You are welcome to contact us any time to plan your team's next Annual Member Strategic Check-in.
Logistical items you'll need to provide the Alliance:
- Onsite meeting address
- Participant list (names and titles)
- Visitor rules
- Dress code
We will send you the calendar appointment. We understand some team members may attend virtually. We'll look to you to set up the virtual option for them.
Meeting length and who should attend
- We suggest a 30-minute meeting with just the CEO, and a 60-minute meeting with the executive leadership team. If your team has 12 or more participants, we suggest an additional 30 minutes.
How to prepare for the meeting / what to expect
- Health Plan Alliance attendees will include Alliance president, Joe Lastinger, and one to two Alliance executive staff members.
- Joe Lastinger will lead the discussion with Alliance team introductions and a current strategic overview of the Alliance.
- Your CEO will share your organization's strategic overview.
- Each meeting participant is invited to share their current focus, challenges, and ways the Alliance may be able to provide support.
- Following the meeting, the Health Plan Alliance team will send a follow-up email with resources and facilitate connections to other Alliance members and industry experts if applicable.