ACA Risk Adjustment Toolkit
Read what industry pundits are saying about the July 7, 2018 announcement from CMS regarding halting ACA risk adjustment transfer payments and the implications for health plans.
Interested in learning more? Register as an in-person or virtual attendee for the upcoming Co-located: Government Programs AND Risk, Compliance, Privacy and Security Value Visit, August 6-10 in San Francisco and receive all the event presentation materials.
NOTE: You must login to your Alliance account to access the articles and resources below. Some content may only be accessible to Alliance members.
- Article: CMS Reverses Decision to Halt Transfer Payments
- The Trump Administration has reversed its decision on 2017 risk adjustment payments and will restart the program which pays about $10 billion to insurers to stabilize health insurance markets under the ACA.
- GOP chairman in talks with Trump officials on restarting key ObamaCare payments
- House Ways and Means Committee Chairman Kevin Brady (R-Texas) said that he is in talks with the Trump administration about ways to restart key ObamaCare payments that the administration abruptly suspended this month.
- CMS Implications of the RA Decisions
- CMS submits an announcement for implications of the decision by United States District Court for the District of New Mexico on the Risk Adjustment and Related Programs.
- Risk Adjustment Lawsuit Fallout
- Wakely Consulting Group shares information and perspectives on the recent CMS announcement about halting risk adjustment payments until litigation is resolved.
- Risk Adjustment Rollercoaster
- Michael Cohen, PhD of Wakely Consulting Group blogs about the recent announcement by CMS to halt risk adjustment payments and the implications.
- Recording: 2017 ACA Transfer Payments - Reactions to Recent CMS Release
- HealthScape Advisors & Pareto Intelligence as they provide insight into the recently released 2017 ACA transfer payment results.
- Presentation: 2017 ACA Transfer Payments - Reactions to Recent CMS Release
- HealthScape Advisors & Pareto Intelligence provide insight into the recently released 2017 ACA transfer payment results.
- Preliminary Analysis of ACA Risk Adjustment Transfer Payments for 2017
- Pareto Intelligence provides an analysis of the 2017 risk adjustment transfer payments status in light of the recent halt by CMS. An interactive state-level map of average metrics and transfer amounts are provided.
- Taking a Dive on Risk Adjustment
- The Incidental Economist blogs about the recent announcement by CMS to halt risk adjustment payments until the litigation is resolved.
- Latest in ACA Risk Adjustment Litigation
- Katie Keith of Health Affairs blogs about the latest CMS announcement about halting risk adjustment payments and the pending litigation.